What a huge hit RECESS WITH DADS WEEK was! We asked and you came....even in the heat! We loved having you! We will have another Recess with Dads Week in the Spring Semester.
Here's the run down of new news:
1. CAREER DAY: -Career Day for 3rd, 4th, and 5th is coming on October 25! Thank you to all the volunteers who signed up at open house. There are still several slots available. You do not need to have a student in those grade levels to participate. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about different jobs and what it takes to be successful. If you are interested please contact Joy Fofana at email@example.com.
2. RNE KIDS ARE OPERA SINGERS!- On October 11, twenty Roswell North Elementary Chorus starlets are taking the stage at the Roswell Cultural Arts Center in the Atlanta Opera's Studio Tour debut performance of the opera, "Hansel and Gretel!" This is the first stop on the Atlanta Opera Studio Tour and Roswell North was especially chosen to be the children’s chorus alongside professional opera singers. What an honor!
To celebrate its 40th year on the road, the 2019-20 season features a new adaptation of Humperdinck’s enchanting fairy tale, Hansel and Gretel, in which students are invited to take center stage alongside Atlanta Opera artists. Suitable for all ages, Hansel and Gretel brings students on an adventure through a magical world filled with mystical forest animals, a captivating Sandman, and lots of sweets! Adapted and directed by Brenna Corner, an alumna of the Opera’s Studio Artist program, the 45-minute English version of Humperdinck’s classic opera teaches valuable lessons about listening, kindness, and not judging a Witch by her wardrobe.
Want to witness history being made??? Tickets are available for both of their performances (11 am and 7 pm) at https://ev2.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=RCACFAM&linkID=ta-usa9
3. BUS DRIVER APPRECIATION- Students and Parents - Reminder that Bus Driver Appreciation Week will be Tuesday October 15th - Friday October 18th. The RNE PTA will be providing a daily "treat" for the drivers. We ask that you spoil your Driver during this week. The Bus Driver favorites can be found on the PTA website and will also be sent home via a room parent communication. Please contact Amy Amorosso at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you for your participation this year as we celebrate these awesome drivers! What a task to move all these RNE students alone on a daily basis!
4. SOCKTOBER! Don't forget that October is SOCKTOBER! Interact Club is collecting NEW socks to give to families in need. Send in NEW socks with your child to be placed in the collection boxes all over school.
5. GIRL SCOUT TROOP 15373 COAT DRIVE- This troop will be collecting clean, gently used coats, jackets, hats and gloves at RNE from October 7th-18th. See the attached flyer for details!
6. RNE FAMILY FUN NIGHT-RNE Family Fun Night will be Friday October 18th from 5:00 – 8:30pm on the back field. Join us for carnival games, raffle, DJ, food, bake sale and watch Toy Story 4 under the stars. Entry Tickets ($5 per person, $25 max per family) and raffle tickets are available at www.rnepta.membershiptoolkit.com.
We will have awesome food for purchase, but feel free to bring your own picnic dinner if you would like.
We need your help to make the evening a success. Sign up for a volunteer shift and/ or donate bake goods.
Bake Sale: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4caca829a2fc1-bake
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Jeffs at email@example.com.We look forward to seeing everyone there!
7. BOOK CHARACTER PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST-It’s time for our 6th annual pumpkin decorating contest. Students are encouraged to decorate a plastic pumpkin like their favorite elementary book or book character. There will be 3 winners per grade. The winners will receive a gift certificate to spend at the book fair in November. For more information, and contest dates and rules, click here. https://rnemediacenter.weebly.com/RNE NEWS SHOW- Click here to see our Friday news show: fultontube.fultonschools.org/roswell-north-elementary
8. ROSWELL INC COFFEE CONNECT- Are you a Roswell business owner or community leader looking to network with other Roswell business owners and community leaders? Roswell Inc is hosting their October Coffee Connect at Roswell North Elementary on Friday, October 11th from 7:30-9:00 AM! Enjoy your morning cup of coffee, pastries and fresh fruit while connecting with other Roswell business and community leaders. Roswell Coffee Connect is a great way to build better business relationships and meet new contacts. Early Bird Special- $10 Click here to purchase tickets:
9. GEORGIA PRE-K WEEK-Pre-K Week is a week-long celebration of Georgia’s Pre-K Program and other quality early education programs in Georgia. During this week, leaders from across the state get to experience first-hand the quality learning that takes place in classrooms across the state. Leaders visit Pre-K classrooms, read books to students, and sometimes even participate in that day’s activities! Roswell Mayor, Lori Henry will join our Pre-K classes this Wednesday!!!
10. YOUTH DAY PARADE- Saturday, October 12th! We'd love to have kids walk with our parade float! Save the date and meet up info in forth coming!
11. NO TEXTING- please don't text in the car pool line
12. NO SCHOOL - No school Friday October 11th and on Monday, October 14th! Enjoy the break!
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.