1. ROSWELL YOUTH DAY PARADE- All students are invited to walk in the annual Roswell Youth Day Parade with the RNE float! Meet on mimosa in front of Roswell Pres. by 9:45 if you want to walk in parade. Bring candy to throw, dress in RNE spirit wear, and give yourself time to park and walk as Mimosa is closed to traffic for parade. The parade ends at Roswell North. All children who walk in parade will get a special RNE bracelet and free mini golf round.
2. BOOK CHARACTER PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST-It’s time for our 6th annual pumpkin decorating contest. Students are encouraged to decorate a plastic pumpkin like their favorite elementary book or book character. There will be 3 winners per grade. The winners will receive a gift certificate to spend at the book fair in November. For more information, and contest dates and rules, click here. https://rnemediacenter.weebly.com/
3.RNE NEWS SHOW- Click here to see our Friday news show: fultontube.fultonschools.org/roswell-north-elementary
4. RISE AND SHINE! This month we would like to introduce a new attendance program called Rise and Shine to reduce unexcused absences by 3%. This program will encourage kids to be in class and on time every day. The goals of this program are below.
5. COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY- First Baptist Roswell is hosting a Community Conversation on October 16th at 6:30pm titled, "Navigating Anxiety with Kids and Teens." This event is not RNE nor religiously affiliated but we wanted to share the learning opportunity.
6.RNE FAMILY FUN NIGHT-RNE Family Fun Night will be Friday October 18th from 5:00 – 8:30pm on the back field. Join us for carnival games, raffle, DJ, food, bake sale and watch Toy Story 4 under the stars. Entry Tickets ($5 per person, $25 max per family) and raffle tickets are available at www.rnepta.membershiptoolkit.com.
We will have awesome food for purchase, but feel free to bring your own picnic dinner if you would like.
We need your help to make the evening a success. Sign up for a volunteer shift and/ or donate bake goods.
Bake Sale: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4caca829a2fc1-bake
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Jeffs at firstname.lastname@example.org.We look forward to seeing everyone there!
7. BUS DRIVER APPRECIATION- Students and Parents - Reminder that Bus Driver Appreciation Week will be Tuesday October 15th - Friday October 18th. The RNE PTA will be providing a daily "treat" for the drivers. We ask that you spoil your Driver during this week. The Bus Driver favorites can be found on the PTA website and will also be sent home via a room parent communication. Please contact Amy Amorosso at email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for your participation this year as we celebrate these awesome drivers! What a task to move all these RNE students alone on a daily basis!
8. SAFETY AT RNE- Safety is our top priority at RNE. We're noticing an increased number of cars pulling into the front RNE parking lot and allowing kids to simply run to the entrance of school. This is not allowed. Car pool is the only place where a car can drop off a student. This is for safety. The time is about to change and the parking lots are dark in the morning. Please do not drop off any students in any area other than car pool. ALSO- we do not allow parents to park in the lot adjacent to car pool and walk students to school by cutting through the car pool line to enter the school. Car pool is busy and chaotic. Someone will get hurt. Please do not walk through the car pool traffic to escort your child to the school door. Please simply use the car pool line. Please don't text or surf your phone in car pool.Thank you!
9. Board Member Katha Stuart, District 1, would like the communities which feed into Crabapple MS to be aware Doug Carey, Director of Capital Planning, will be her guest speaker at her October 16th Community meeting. The meeting will be held at Roswell High School @ 6:30 p.m. Mr. Carey will be available to answer any questions or concerns parents and the community may have regarding the Crabapple MS rebuild.
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.