1. RNE NEWS SHOW- Click here to see our Friday news show: fultontube.fultonschools.org/roswell-north-elementary
2. RNE FOUNDATION $7,000 TO FALL FUNDRAISING GOAL-Thank you so much to parents, teachers, and staff who have contributed to the RNE Foundation's fall campaign--we are so close to the goal! The Licata Science Lab, Chef's Lab, and RNE Garden are 100% supported by the Foundation, and this year, they are also raising money for an outdoor classroom. If you are able to help with this effort, now is the time! Please donate online today or send a check to school made out to "RNE Foundation." Your donation is tax-deductible and eligible for most corporate matching programs. You can also show your support by following the Foundation on Facebook and Instagram. THANK YOU!
3. LABEL YOUR COATS- please take a moment to label you child's coats and jackets with their full name
4.THURSDAY IS PJ DAY! - Everyone should wear their favorite pajamas to school on Thursday! It's schoolwide PJ day!
5. NO LUNCH VISITORS- friendly reminder that we will not have lunch visitors in the cafeteria the first week back to school in January so that we can re-set expectations and start the New Year off right!
6. 5th GRADE JEKYLL TRIP- payments are due January 10th!
7. BLACK HISTORY MONTH- Submissions for our Black History Month art project are due January 10th! The theme is "African Americans and the Vote" and each piece must fit in an 8x11 picture frame.
8.. NEW ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL- Please join me in congratulating our new Roswell North Elementary Assistant Principal, Laureen Wagner! Mrs. Wagner has officially accepted the promotion from CST to Assistant Principal and her new role will begin on January 3rd! I cannot imagine a more dedicated and deserving Assistant Principal. Mrs. Wagner will bring the consistency and commitment to this position that has been absent.
9.NO SCHOOL FRIDAY!- Enjoy the holiday and we will see you in 2020!
Thanksgiving break is here! We are so very thankful for the opportunity to have an educational impact on the lives of your children. Thank you for all the ways you support our school.
Here is the rundown of new news:
*NO SCHOOL FRIDAY- Friendly reminder that tomorrow, Friday, November 21st is an RFF ( Request for Flexibility) day that is specific to Roswell North. Teachers will be here for learning, but students do not report.
* WE'D LIKE TO HAVE SCHOOL- Our School Governance Council has elected to submit a Request For Flexibility to the county to replace the two spring digital learning days (April 21 and May 19) with regular school days for Roswell North students. This request will be reviewed and officially submitted pending a public comment period ending on January 9, 2020. If you wish to comment on this request, you may do so by emailing our council chair, Sara Hake, at email@example.com.
*INVITE FAMILY to SUPPORT THE LABS AND GARDEN- Thank you to the many families, teachers, and staff who have donated to the RNEF Fall Campaign. I know many of you will see extended family over the holiday, and your children will want to share stories from the lab and garden--they may even want to prepare Mrs. Rains' delicious squash recipe! Please invite your loved ones to support our labs and garden with an online donation or a check made out to "RNE Foundation." Encourage them to follow the Foundation on Facebook to see updates throughout the school year.
We are grateful for any and all support!
*RNE SHARE THE LOVE 2019-2020-Thank you so much for all the breakfast donations sent in last week. We surpassed our goal of 50 boxes and brought in a total of 85 boxes of food for North Fulton Community Charities. Every bear did a great job but we want to celebrate the Sun Bears for bringing in the most donations. These items will go along way to help so many families.
There is so much to be thankful for.
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.