Congratulations to the Super Bear Winners for the Month of October! Great Job Super Bears!
Kindergarten Book Character Parade!
This year our Book Character Parade was a huge success! Thank you to everyone who participated and especially our students who cheered on the Kindergartners walking in the parade! This years Grand Marshall was Mrs. Kibby Crumbley who serves as our Area Superintendent. She was joined by Mrs. Katha Stuart who serves as our District 1 Board Member. Thank you to both Mrs. Crumbley and Mrs. Stuart.
Be sure to check out this weeks news show for video and pictures from the parade!
News Show Link
The Roswell North Elementary Foundation’s Annual Campaign has begun!
PLEASE donate today so we can maintain the BEST Science Lab in Georgia! RNE Foundation is raising money to fund the following projects:
I hope you will consider donating to RNEF today. Because without you, there is no science lab. Simply text “RNEF” to 56651 or visit https://rnefoundation.com/donate-now/ to pay by credit card or PayPal. If you prefer to pay by check, please download our pledge form and send a check with your child or mail to Roswell North Elementary Foundation, 10525 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075. For more information, visit https://rnefoundation.com/.
Important Dates to remember!!
Zaxby’s RNE Night 11/5
Picture retake day 11/8
Interact Club Announcements!
The Interact Club would like to thank all of our Roswell North Friends and Families that donated Socks for our SOCKTOBER Sock drive. We are pleased to report that we have collected over 700 pairs of socks. The Interact Club is in the process of taking socks to various locations in the Roswell and Atlanta communities. We are so grateful to all of you for helping us keep many toes warm this winter!~
Time to clean out those Linen Closets!
In honor of AMERICA RECYCLES DAY! The RNE Interact Club is participating in the City of Roswell Used Towel and Blanket Collection for the Atlanta Humane Society. We will be collecting old bath towels, hand towels and blankets for the puppies and kittens living at the Humane Society. Results from our school will be weighed and we could win an AWARD for our school!!! Help us make animals waiting to be adopted comfy by dropping off your used blankets and towels. Look for the YELLOW Donation box in the lobby of the school!
Roswell North Elementary has demonstrated its commitment to taking a whole-community approach to preparing its students to think critically and use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate, while limiting the perils that exist in the online realm, such as plagiarism, loss of privacy, and cyberbullying. The recognition acknowledges our schools commitment creating a culture of digital citizenship.
"We applaud the faculty and staff of Roswell North Elementary for embracing digital citizenship as an important part of their students' education," said Liz Kline, VP, Education Programs, Common Sense Education. "Roswell North Elementary deserves high praise for giving its students the foundational skills they need to compete and succeed in the 21st-century workplace and participate ethically in society at large."
Roswell North Elementary has been using Common Sense Education's innovative and research-based digital citizenship resources, which were created in collaboration with researchers from Project Zero, led by Howard Gardner at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The resources teach students, educators, and parents tangible skills related to internet safety, protecting online reputations and personal privacy, media balance, managing online relationships, and media literacy. The free K-12 curriculum is used in classrooms across all 50 states, in more than 50,000 schools, by more than half a million educators.
To learn more about the criteria Roswell North Elementary met to become recognized as a Common Sense School, visit https://www.commonsense.org/education/recognition-schools.
Veterans Day Concerts!
Tuesday, November 13th 7:00 PM
Congratulations to our winners!
2018/2019 Pumpkin Winners
1. Ava Matthews/Uni the Unicorn (Nava)
2. Riley Leder/Minions (Crawford)
3. Ava Ridge/Fancy Nancy (Francis)
4. Zoe Sandford/Rapunzel (Francis)
1. Brooke Hagood/Bright Stanley (Denison)
2. Estella Fabrega/Big Bad Wolf (Carroll)
3. Nico Quintana/Pete the Cat (Denison)
4. Sydney Borngesser/Pete the Cat (Reavis)
1. Rachel Johnson/Iggy Peck (Shults)
2. Audrey Koch/Rainbow Fish (Goodloe)
3. Bella Manina/Dragons Love Tacos (Shults)
4. Manning Lees/Pig the Pug (Pfaff)
1. Lila Bernstein/Duck for President (Altman)
2. Ava Hurd/The Giving Tree (Stallard)
3. Jane Knowles/Charlotte’s Web (Lescher)
4. Jake Ryan/Jack and the Beanstalk (Lyons)
1. Maggie Sparenberg/Oscar the Grouch (Maples)
2. McKenzie Nail/Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Maples)
3. Maren Schumacher/Charlotte’s Web (Schafer)
4. Addie Herring/Tiger Rising (Hayes)
1. Ryleigh Borim/Dumbo (Dean)
2. Olivia Hubney/Caroline Clayton/Winnie the Pooh (Ray & Cleveland)
3. Aiden Hlavek/The Force Awakens BB-8 (Cleveland)
4. Katie Crowe/Winnie the Pooh (Ray)
Student Artist Award
1. Taylor Williams/Yoda (Lyons)
2. Sadie Denison/What if Monster (Lescher)
3. Beck Ashman/Oh, the Places You’ll Go (Consoer)
4. Georgia Grein/Geronimo Stilton (Maples)
1. Meggan Connell/The Little Engine that Could (Altman)
2. Evangeline Eicher/Monster’s New Undies (Goodloe)
3. Blake Von Holt/No David (Lieblich)
4. Savannah Toth/There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey (Sandford)
1. Mrs. Sevin/Oscar the Grouch
2. Mrs. Ray/Ms. Frizzle
3. Mrs. Dean/Charlotte & Wilbur
4. Mrs. Fell & her students /Pete the Cat
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest! Winners will be announced on next weeks news cast! Stay tuned!!
Reading team practice will begin Monday October 22. Practices will be held immediately after school and will end at 3:30.
For a list of the books visit: https://coe.uga.edu/assets/downloads/gcba/2018-19-gcba-book.pdf
Next week is School Bus Driver Appreciation Week!!!
Please show your support for our Bus Drivers.
Calling all friends...
We are well into our SOCKTOBER drive for the month and still need students to send in items. Please consider helping out those in need. Socks will be collected until the end of October by our Interact Club members.
Crabapple Middle School Construction Update!
There will be a community construction update meeting by the Office of Capital Programs on October 29 at 6pm in the CMS Cafeteria. All are welcome to attend!
The Library will welcome Children's Author Coach Sloth for an author visit! We will be reading many of his books leading up to his visit. Students can pre-order his books to be signed by coach Sloth! Please use the order form below and return to the Library.
RNE Second Grade Veteran’s Day Performance
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.