Roswell North Elementary has demonstrated its commitment to taking a whole-community approach to preparing its students to think critically and use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate, while limiting the perils that exist in the online realm, such as plagiarism, loss of privacy, and cyberbullying. The recognition acknowledges our schools commitment creating a culture of digital citizenship.
"We applaud the faculty and staff of Roswell North Elementary for embracing digital citizenship as an important part of their students' education," said Liz Kline, VP, Education Programs, Common Sense Education. "Roswell North Elementary deserves high praise for giving its students the foundational skills they need to compete and succeed in the 21st-century workplace and participate ethically in society at large."
Roswell North Elementary has been using Common Sense Education's innovative and research-based digital citizenship resources, which were created in collaboration with researchers from Project Zero, led by Howard Gardner at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The resources teach students, educators, and parents tangible skills related to internet safety, protecting online reputations and personal privacy, media balance, managing online relationships, and media literacy. The free K-12 curriculum is used in classrooms across all 50 states, in more than 50,000 schools, by more than half a million educators.
To learn more about the criteria Roswell North Elementary met to become recognized as a Common Sense School, visit https://www.commonsense.org/education/recognition-schools.
Veterans Day Concerts!
Tuesday, November 13th 7:00 PM
Congratulations to our winners!
2018/2019 Pumpkin Winners
1. Ava Matthews/Uni the Unicorn (Nava)
2. Riley Leder/Minions (Crawford)
3. Ava Ridge/Fancy Nancy (Francis)
4. Zoe Sandford/Rapunzel (Francis)
1. Brooke Hagood/Bright Stanley (Denison)
2. Estella Fabrega/Big Bad Wolf (Carroll)
3. Nico Quintana/Pete the Cat (Denison)
4. Sydney Borngesser/Pete the Cat (Reavis)
1. Rachel Johnson/Iggy Peck (Shults)
2. Audrey Koch/Rainbow Fish (Goodloe)
3. Bella Manina/Dragons Love Tacos (Shults)
4. Manning Lees/Pig the Pug (Pfaff)
1. Lila Bernstein/Duck for President (Altman)
2. Ava Hurd/The Giving Tree (Stallard)
3. Jane Knowles/Charlotte’s Web (Lescher)
4. Jake Ryan/Jack and the Beanstalk (Lyons)
1. Maggie Sparenberg/Oscar the Grouch (Maples)
2. McKenzie Nail/Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Maples)
3. Maren Schumacher/Charlotte’s Web (Schafer)
4. Addie Herring/Tiger Rising (Hayes)
1. Ryleigh Borim/Dumbo (Dean)
2. Olivia Hubney/Caroline Clayton/Winnie the Pooh (Ray & Cleveland)
3. Aiden Hlavek/The Force Awakens BB-8 (Cleveland)
4. Katie Crowe/Winnie the Pooh (Ray)
Student Artist Award
1. Taylor Williams/Yoda (Lyons)
2. Sadie Denison/What if Monster (Lescher)
3. Beck Ashman/Oh, the Places You’ll Go (Consoer)
4. Georgia Grein/Geronimo Stilton (Maples)
1. Meggan Connell/The Little Engine that Could (Altman)
2. Evangeline Eicher/Monster’s New Undies (Goodloe)
3. Blake Von Holt/No David (Lieblich)
4. Savannah Toth/There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey (Sandford)
1. Mrs. Sevin/Oscar the Grouch
2. Mrs. Ray/Ms. Frizzle
3. Mrs. Dean/Charlotte & Wilbur
4. Mrs. Fell & her students /Pete the Cat
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.