* BOOK FAIR- The Book Fair is here! The Book Fair will be open Monday November 18 - Thursday November 21. It will be open until 6pm on Tuesday November 19. We will only accept Scholastic eWallet or Credit/Debit Cards as forms of payment. Please visit this site to set up an eWallet for your student. https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/parent-how-it-works.html. Thank you for supporting our Library!
* NEW AV SYSTEM- Thanks to all who came out to hear 2nd grade and our 4th and 5th grade chorus at our Veterans Day Concerts! What a spectacular show! If you weren't able to join us, I want to be sure that you all know that we unveiled our brand new, state of the art, AV system! Wow, was that sound crystal clear! That system was purchased PTA funds! Thank you to ALL who participated in the Boosterthon/Fun Run!
*PARENT PLUG-IN- Unsure of how to plug-in at Roswell North? Feel confused by the purpose of our SGC, PTA, and Foundation? Come to our Parent Plug-In! This meeting is December 4th at 8:00 in the Roswell North Cafeteria. We'll have coffee and informally chat about our groups and how you might be able to " plug-in!" We hope you'll join us!
*RNE FOUNDATION-Thank you to all who came to Science Night last week! What an awesome sampling of the things your children are learning in the classroom and in the science labs. The RNE Foundation provides 100% of the operating costs for our Science Labs and Garden. If you are able to help with this effort, please donate online today or send a check to school made out to "RNE Foundation."
You can also start a Facebook Fundraiser benefitting RNEF. Share your pictures from science night and invite your Facebook friends and family to support science and outdoor learning at RNE!
Here's the run down of new news:
*BUTTERFLY GARDEN- Did you know that our RNE garden is now officially recognized as a stop along the Rosalyn Carter Butterfly Trail? Mrs. Rains attended a dinner in Plains,Georgia in recognition of this and she met President and Rosalyn Carter!
* HALLOWEEN CANDY -Tire of your Halloween Candy? We will take it! Drop off any unwanted Halloween candy in the front office. We use it during teacher meetings and professional development.
* CONCERT Hope you have the 2nd grade and 4th /5th Grade Chorus Veteran's Day Concert on your calendar! The concert is Wednesday, November 13th. The following classes are in the 5:30 show: Martin, Sandford, and Savage ( along with 4th and 5th grade chorus) These 2nd grade classes are in the 7:00 show: Goodloe, Nichols, Pfaff, and Merrill.
* ZOO Interested in going to the Zoo for free?
City of Atlanta and
Free Admission on
November 9 and 10, 2019
Zoo Atlanta hosts City of Atlanta and Fulton County Family Days presented by PNC and sponsored by Kaiser Permanente on Saturday and Sunday, November 9 and 10, 2019. On these two dates, guests who can demonstrate residence in the City of Atlanta or Fulton will receive free admission for two adults and up to four children per party.
Recognized forms of identification:
City of Atlanta or Fulton County residents forms of ID include a Georgia driver's license; State of Georgia-issued voter identification; or water, gas or light utility bill demonstrating residence in the City of Atlanta or Fulton County.
800 Cherokee Avenue, S.E.
Atlanta, GA 30315
MORNING ARRIVAL- We are having SERIOUS issues with morning arrival. Please know that school starts at 7:40- once the bell rings school must start and arrival after the bell is a tardy. Our car pool has over 200 cars in it daily. We cannot delay the start of school because the car pool line is long. We cannot delay the start of school because of traffic. Traffic is everywhere. We hire an officer to help with the flow of traffic, but that is the best we can do. The best way to ensure your child is not tardy, is to send them on the bus. Please also remember:
* you cannot park at the lot at the start of car pool and walk your child through car pool to the door. WE DO NOT ALLOW THIS- it is unsafe and you are only slowing carpool as you attempt to exit after parking there.
* you cannot park in the surrounding neighborhoods and let your children run through private property to school. It is dark. It is unsafe. Children that walk must enter by sidewalk.
* you cannot park at the front of the school and let your child run to the front door un-escorted- This is unsafe and it is dark.
LEGACY AWARDS- Today is a big celebration in Fulton Counts Schools! Today every Teacher of the Year and Professional of the Year in Fulton County Schools are recognized at a luncheon at the Georgia World Congress Center. I will celebrate our Teacher of the Year for the 2018 -2019 school year, one of our music teachers, Ms. Katrina Scoggins and our Professional of the Year, our cafeteria manager, Ms. Lisa Glass! We will have a celebratory program and lunch with their families!
WIN A JEEP- THE ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL BAND IS GIVING AWAY A 2019 JEEP WRANGLER!!!THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BUY RAFFLE TICKETS! DEADLINE IS MONDAY NOVEMBER 4. DON’T MISS OUT!!!
Buy tickets now at www.RoswellBand.com. Tix are $10 each. And we got a special deal - $45 for 5 tix100% proceeds go the RHS Band. Winner will be drawn on 11/16 at Ed Voyles DCJR.
HOMEWORK- At the start of the year we explained that RNE teachers would not be assigning homework. If you would like work for your child to do at home that connects to current standards, you absolutely can request that from your teacher and they will provide it...... however, they will not be assigning nor grading work that is sent home. I assumed this would be a given , but just so we are all on the same page- if your child has an upcoming test and they have a study guide or materials that support that test, it would make absolute sense that your child would be reviewing and preparing for that test at home, at school, in free time, etc.
NO SCHOOL TUESDAY- don't forget! Tuesday, November 5th is a Teacher Work Day! No school for students! We hope to see you at a parent conference that day!
Support the Science Labs and Garden-The RNE Foundation's Annual Campaign is off to a great start! So many generous families have already donated, but we have a long way to go to fund the outdoor classroom and keep the science labs and garden operational. Learn more about how your donations are used in the RNE Foundation's 2018-2019 Annual Report or come see for yourself at Science Night on Nov 7th.
Science Night November 7th -Join us for Science Night on November 7th from 4:30-6. Your little scientists will have a chance to perform exciting experiments in every hallway. Representatives from the Foundation will be in the lobby, ready to answer your questions about the science labs, garden, and outdoor classroom. They will also have youth t-shirts for sale. Plan on dinner at Alessio's afterward--part of the proceeds that night will go back to the Foundation to support our science labs!
Dr. Lydia Conway
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT WILL APPEAR IN NEXT WEEKS POST.
We are starting a MakerSpace in the Library! We need your help! Do you have an abundance of toilet paper rolls? Take a look at the list below and see where you can contribute.